This article will show you how to set up email forwarding through the domain management system.
- You will need to have a registered domain with us to access the Domain Management System
- You would only want to use this if your domain is not hosted with us through Plesk or cPanel
1. Navigate to the domain management system at www.wholesaledomains.com.au
2. You will need to log in using your domain name and password
Step 3. Once you have logged in, select “Change Nameservers”.
4. On this page you will need to ensure that DNS management is enabled. This can be done by clicking the “Enable DNS Management” button which will change the name servers for the domain.
Once DNS management has been enabled, you will see that the name server fields will show the following.
Please note that if the domain currently has different name servers, it can take 24-48 hours for the change to propagate out over the Internet and begin taking effect.
5. Once the correct name servers are in use, click “Mail Forwarding” on the right hand side menu
6. On the Mail Forwarding page, you will need to add in the address you want to have forwarded as well as its destination. Enter the name of the email address forwarder you wish to use in the Address field and place the email address you have which you want it forwarded to.
For example, the image below shows how to add a forwarder to have email@example.com to forward email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once this has been done, you will see the forwarder added as below.
7. Now click on the “DNS Management” link on the right hand side menu.
9. The final step is to add in a couple of DNS entries. Any DNS changes will take a few hours to propagate before taking effect.
You will need to add a couple of MX records through DNS Management. The MX records are displayed on the Mail Forwarding page and are as below.
To add these in leave the Hostname field blank, change the Record Type to MX, and put the first mx record above into the Value/Target.
11. The final step is to add a couple of name server entries in. On the same page you will see the name servers listed, you will need to add a couple of these as NS records. This is done by leaving the Hostname blank, selecting NS for the Record Type, and entering the name server as the Value/Target.
After adding the first name server record, add in a second entry except using the ns2 entry. Once this is done you should have the following set as your DNS records.
Complete. Once you have enabled DNS management and set your domain to use our name servers, added the MX records in and added the forwarder through Mail Forwarding, your forwarder should start working in a few hours time.