This article will guide you through the process of setting up your IMAP email account in Windows 8 Mail (Metro).
- You will need your email address username and password.
- This guide may not be accurate for users of our Hosted Exchange service.
1. Launch the Mail app from the start screen, then hover over the top right corner to reveal the options menu then select Settings.
2. From the Settings menu select Accounts.
3. Select Add an Account.
4. Select Other Account.
5. Fill in your email address and password, then select Show more details.
6. Fill in your Username and Server Information.
Your typical settings will be:
Username: <<Your Full Email Address>>
Incoming Mail Server: mail.<<your domain name>>
Incoming Server Port: 143
Incoming Server requires SSL: No / Unchecked
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.<<your domain name>>
Outgoing Server Port: 587
Outgoing Server requires SSL: No / Unchecked
Outgoing Server requires authentication: Yes / Checked
Use the same username and password to send and receive email: Yes / Checked
7. Once you have entered the settings and confirmed they are correct click Connect.
Complete: Your email service has been set up in Windows 8 Mail.