This article will explain how to configure Paypal Express Checkout in eStore.
Payment Methods: Setting up Payment Gateway – PayPal Express Checkout
In the drop-down selection list select PayPal Express Checkout and enter a name for the payment method that your buyers will see then click on “Save”.
Once you have added a new payment method you will see it available in the list of payment methods but it will be greyed out and the words “Complete it” will appear:
You can open the payment method by clicking on the payment method name or “Complete it”
When you open the payment method you will need to complete certain settings in order to enable the payment method for testing. The setting will be different for each payment method for PayPal Express Checkout. They will appear as follows:
Tips and Hints:
Follow the Tips and hints link to ensure that your visitors see the PayPal logo and the credit cards that you accept:
1. The payment method must be set to visible before it can be used
2. You can make the payment method a default for customers in the store
3. You can offer a discount for using PayPal or if a negative it will add as a fee.
4. The order can be created before or after payment and we recommend before if using PayPal Express Checkout but ensure that payment arrives in your PayPal account before processing the order.
5. If you sell to multiple countries then you can make a payment method specific to a country.
6. You can add a comment which will appear to the customer in the shopping basket.
7. You can change the name seen by the customer in the shopping basket.
1. You need to add all the correct API Signature information that you get from your PayPal account. Instructions to get the correct information are available at the top of this tab with links to PayPal.
2. You can select to show the PayPal Express Checkout button in the shopping basket. If ‘NO’ is selected it will default to PayPal Standard.
3. You can allow your customers to checkout without a PayPal account.
4. You can add a graphic header that will appear on your PayPal payment page for your customers.
5. Once all is completed and ‘Saved’ then you can test the credentials are correct with PayPal.
6. Once everything is setup correctly then set the payment method to ‘Live’ and ‘Save’.