This article will walk you through how to add a Resource Mailbox to your Hosted Exchange account
- This process can be used for both Premium and Basic Exchange email accounts
- You must have access to the Parallels control panel for the account in which the Hosted Exchange subscription is registered
Purchasing the Resource mailbox:
Please note: if you have already ordered the Resource Mailbox resource in your account, please skip to step 8.
1. Log into your Parallels account
2. Click on the Subscriptions link under the Accounts section in the home screen
3. Click on the Subscription Name
4. Click on the Resources tab
5. Click on Upgrade Resource Limits
6. locate the Resource mailbox resource in the list and increase the Current Usage/Limit by however many units you would like to order and click the Next button at the bottom of the page
7. Select the Payment Method you would like to use to pay for the new resource and click the Place Order button to process the order.
Please note: You will need to allow a few minutes for the resource to provision before proceeding.
8. Click the Mailboxes tab at the top of the screen
9. Click the More Services tab
10. Click the Add New Resource Mailbox link
11. Fill in the form, as follows:
Alias: Is what the account will come up as in the Exchange system
Display Name: Is what the account will display as within your Control Panel
E-mail Address: Is the email address associated with the resource mailbox
Size Limit: Is the disk space allocated to the Resource Mailbox
Resource Type: Select ‘Room’ if the resource mailbox is for a physical location OR ‘Equipment’ if the mailbox is for a physical object
Resource Location: Is the room or storage location of the room/equipment
Resource Capacity: is the number of people that can fit in the room or who can be using the equipment at any given time
once you have filled in the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to complete the set up process
12. The Resource Mailbox will now be created within the Hosted Exchange system. Please allow a few minutes for the account to become active and accessible.
Congratulations! You have now configured your Resource Mailbox in the Hosted Exchange system.