This article will show you how to configure the Microsoft Lync client on Windows 8 Metro and Windows 8 RT.
- You must have downloaded and installed the Lync client from the Windows Store.
- If you are running Windows 8 (not RT) you may install the desktop Lync client.
1. After you have installed the Lync client from the Windows Store app launch the application by clicking the Lync tile on your start screen.
2. Click OK when prompted.
3. Decide if you want to let Lync run in the background. To receive notifications of new messages while you do not have Lync open select Allow.
4. Decide if you want to let Lync have access to your webcam and microphone. If you want to do audio or video conferencing you will need to select Allow.
5. Enter your full email address and click Sign In.
6. If you receive a message like the one below, select “Always Trust This Server”.
7. Enter your username and password.
8. You are now signed into Lync.
Other. If you are prompted for your server settings please use the following:
- Internal Server Name: access.openconnect.com.au:443
- External Server Name: access.openconnect.com.au:443