This article will show you how to configure the Microsoft Lync 2013 client for Windows.
- You must have downloaded the and installed the Lync 2013 client. This may have come with your version of Microsoft Office.
- This guide is for the desktop client only. Lync for Mobile 2013 is not supported, use Lync for Mobile 2010 instead.
1. Launch the Lync 2013 client and enter your email address and click Sign In.
2. If you are shown the box below you will need to manually configure your servers settings. If not you can skip to Step 6.
3. Click the Settings icon:
4. Select Personal, then Click the Advanced button.
5. Fill in the following connection details.
- Manual Configuration
- Internal Server Name: access.openconnect.com.au:443
- External Server Name: access.openconnect.com.au:443
Once you have done this click OK, the OK again to return to the main Lync Window.
6. Click Sign In. If you a presented a box like the one below, check the “Always trust this server” box and then click “Connect”.
7. Enter your password and click Sign In. If you have forgotten your password you can reset it by following these steps.
8. Decide if you wish for Lync to remember your login information.
9. You are now signed into Lync.