This article will explain how to create your first SharePoint Site.
- You will need to be logged in to your Parallels control panel
- You must have an active Exchange & SharePoint subscription to create a new SharePoint site.
You will need to decide what domain or sub domain you wish to access your new SharePoint site on. By default a SharePoint site is created for your primary domain which you have linked to your hosted Exchange Email. This is generally not an ideal setup as this will conflict with your business’ website.
To remove the default SharePoint site follow these steps.
1. When logged into your control panel select the Hosted Exchange and SharePoint subscription.
2. Select the “SharePoint” tab.
3. Check the box next to the existing site and click “Delete”
Step 4: Acknowledge that all data from the existing SharePoint site will be removed and click OK to continue.
Now we must create a sub domain for your new SharePoint site to be accessed from. In this example we are going to create the sub domain “sharepoint.example.com.au”, but you can use any sub domain you like.
To create a new sub domain for your new SharePoint site, follow these steps.
1. Click the “Home” tab and navigate to “Hosted Domains”.
2. Click on the “Add new Subdomain” button.
3. Enter your desired sub domain name.
For the Web Hosting field select “SharePoint site”. If you have more than one Exchange & SharePoint subscription on your account select which subscription you wish to create the SharePoint site for.
For the Mail Hosting feild, select “None”.
4. Click “Next” to continue.
5. You need to decide if you would like to create a new user account to act as the Administrator for your SharePoint site or to assign an existing user. If the user you wish to assign as Administrator to the site already has an Exchange mailbox you can select “
6. After you have assigned an Administrator to your SharePoint site you will need to select the template you wish to use for your site. For this example we are going to leave it on the default option, “Select at first login”. You can also assign a quota to the SharePoint site, the default size is 250MB which can be increased later on.
7. Select an email address for notifications about your SharePoint site to be sent to.
8. Review your settings then click “Finish” to proceed with the creation of your SharePoint site.
Your SharePoint site will be created within 2-3 minutes. Once this has been completed you will be able to log in using the user we assigned earlier simply by navigating to the site in your web browser. eg. http://sharepoint.example.com.au
If your DNS hosting is not done with us you will have to create an Address (A) DNS record with your DNS provider. The IP address you will need to point this A record to can be found by navigating to the “SharePoint” tab and clicking on the SharePoint site name.
Complete. Your new SharePoint site is set up.