This article will show you how to install the Microsoft Lync client in OSX.
- You must have downloaded the Lync client from your Parallels Control Panel.
- You need to be running Mac OS X v10.5.8 (Leopard) or higher to use the Lync client.
1. Open the Lync .dmg file you have downloaded from the Parallels Control Panel.
2. Double Click the Lync Installer to begin.
You may have to allow applications downloaded from the internet to be installed on your computer. You can do this by going to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Allow applications downloaded from: Anywhere.
3. Click Continue.
5. Click Install.
6. Enter your Computers username and password if prompted.
7. Once the installed has completed click Close.
8. Launch the Microsoft Lync Application from the Dock or Launchpad.
9. Accept the Licence Agreement
10. Enter your email address, Lync User ID and Password.
- The email address should be the one you choose in the Parallels Control panel for your service user.
- The User ID is the same as the email address.
- The password can be reset by following these steps.
- Please follow Step 11 before clicking Sign In.
11. Click the Advanced button and adjust the settings as shown below:
- Manual Configuration
- Internal Server Name: access.openconnect.com.au:443
- External Server Name: access.openconnect.com.au:443
12. You are now signed into Lync.