This documentation is for resetting a password for an email account in the cPanel control panel.
- Please ensure you’ve already obtained your cPanel login details.
- You will need to be able to log into your cPanel account
1. After logging into cPanel, click the ‘Email Accounts’ link in the ‘Mail’ tab.
2. Click the ‘Change Password’ link next to the email account that you want to reset.
3. Type your new password into the ‘Password’ field. For security reasons passwords must meet a minimum strength requirement of 75/100. The easiest way to meet this strength requirement is to use a combination of upper and lowercase characters, numbers and symbols.
4. Retype your new password into the ‘Password (again)’ field. If both passwords are the same, and your password meets the 75/100 strength requirement, two green ticks will appear next to each field.
5. Click the ‘Change Password’ button.
Complete. Congratulations, you have successfully reset an email account password in cPanel.