This article will guide you through the process of setting up your Hosted Exchange account in Windows 8 Mail (Metro) and allow you to sync your mail, contacts and calendars.
- You will need your Hosted Exchange username (which should be your email address) and password.
1. Launch the Mail app from the start screen, then hover over the top right corner to reveal the options menu then select Settings.
2. From the Settings menu select Accounts.
3. Select Add an Account.
4. Select Outlook.
5. Enter your full email address and password then click Connect.
6. Your account should automatically discover the settings, but if for any reason Windows 8 Mail cannot discover the settings for your email address, click the Show More Details button.
7. Fill in the remaining fields. You may leave the Domain field blank.
Your settings should be:
Email Address: <<Your Exchange Email Address>>
Server Address: exchange.openconnect.com.au
Domain: Leave this blank / empty
Username: <<Your Exchange Email Address>>
Password: <<Your Exchange User Password>>
8. Click Connect and your account will be set up.
Complete: Your Hosted Exchange account will now be setup to sync your email, contacts and calendar with the Windows 8 metro apps.