This article will walk you through the process for uploading youe website files to your cPanel account using the cPanel File Manager.
Please note: The File Manager in cPanel will only allow you to upload a single file at a time and will not allow you to upload folders.
If you are uploading a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress, you should consider using an FTP program to upload your website.
Please see the following link on how ot upload your files using FileZilla:
- You must have access to the My.Uber OR cPanel account for the domain you wish to create the backup of.
Accessing cPanel via the My.Uber control panel
If you are already logged into your cPanel Control panel, please skip to step 3
1. Log into your My.Uber account via https://my.uber.com.au/
2. Click on the Login to cPanel link under the cPanel Hosting of your home screen.
This will log you into your cPanel control panel.
Creating the backup file
4. In the pop-up window, select the radio button next to Home Directory, check the box next to Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) and then click the Go button to open the file manager
5. On the left hand menu of the File Manager window that pops up, click on the Public_html folder to open it’s contents in the right hand panel of the screen. This will set the destination for the upload.
Click on the Upload icon at the top of the screen
6. In the new pop-up window, click on the Choose file button to select the file to be uploaded
This will open a window in the file manager of your local PC to locate the file to be uploaded.
5. In the new window, select the file to be uploaded and open it by double clicking on it
7. The file will automatically start uploading into the public_html folder and will provide a progress bar in the bottom left corner of the upload screen.
Once the file has finished uploading, you can either Click on the Choose fileBack to /home/username/public_html link to return to the file manager.
Once you are back in the file manager screen, you will be able to see the file that you uploaded in the right hand panel.
Congratulations! You have now successfully uploaded your website files using the cPanel File manager.