This article will guide you through the process of migrating your mailboxes to Hosted Exchange using MigrationWiz.
- You have created your mailboxes in . See how here.
- You will need to have purchased MigrationWiz credits according to the number of Hosted Exchange Accounts to be migrated.
2. If you have not already purchased MigrationWiz or need additional coupons you can order them by going to Account -> Buy Additional Resources.
3. Select the MigrationWiz tab or link on the home page:
4. Enter an email address of the person responsible for the migrations (not necessarily the mailbox you want to migrate) and click login. An email will be sent to the address provided.
5. Click the link within the email to login to the Mailbox Migration Portal. This will launch the portal in a new browser window. You may use this link for direct access to the migration portal in the future, or return to the mailbox migration section of the Parallels Control Panel.
6. Select the system type or platform which you are migrating from, enter any additional server details required and then click Next.
7. The portal will display information on which items it is able to migrate. This depends on your existing system type (e.g. IMAP and POP can only migrate emails). Click Next to continue or Previous to change your system type.
8. Specify the source and destination information for each mailbox you wish to migrate. In most cases, the source and destination email address will be the same. If you want to migrate multiple mailboxes at once click the green + symbol on the right or the Import mailboxes from a spreadsheet link to populate the fields with mailbox data. Click Next.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have created your Hosted Exchange Accounts via the Parallels Control Panel before attempting a migration.
9. Click Next to test that the mailboxes can be migrated.
These tests may take some time. You can leave the migrations running in the background or even logout and check back later. The status will change to ‘Ready for migration!’ when the tests have been completed successfully. Click Next.
10. Click Next again to commence the full migration to your Hosted Exchange Accounts.
Migration may take anywhere from a few minutes to a full day to complete, depending on the size of the mailbox. You can close the MigrationWiz Portal and check back later; your migrations will keep running in the background.
Complete. The status will update to say ‘Migrated!’ when the migrations have been completed.