This article will guide you through installing WordPress using Installatron
1. Log in to your cPanel
5. The install wizard will assist you to set up your WordPress installation.
– Select your domain name
– Select a directory location, by default WordPress will install in public_html/
Under the ‘Version’ section, we propose using the following configuration.
Version – Select the recommended version
Language – English
Automatic Update – Create a backup and update to any new version (option 3)
WordPress Plugin Automatic Update – Create a backup and update WordPress plugins as new versions become available.
WordPress Theme Automatic Update – Do not automatically update WordPress themes.
6.For the settings section, we highly recommend using a strong username and password. Avoid usernames such as admin or your domain name as these are easy to guess.
– Use a password that has a mixture of upper case letters, lower case letters, symbols and numbers.
– Enter your email address
– Chose a title for your website (this can be changed later)
– Chose a Website Tagline for your website (this can be changed later)
Enable Multi Site?
No, do not enable.
Limit Login Attempts?
Yes, limit failed login attempts for increased security. (Highly recommended)
7. Click ‘Install’ in the bottom right hand corner to begin the installation. The page will reload and the installation will take between 3-5 min to complete.
Once the installation is complete, you will see the following page:
WordPress is now installed and ready to use.