This article outlines how to release blocked and whitelist emails using our mail filtering management tools.
- Hosted Exchange users can login to IronPort using their Exchange username and password.
- Users of regular IMAP/POP Accounts will need to retrieve their passwords from https://mail-filtering.com.au/
- The IronPort Management login can be found at https://m1.ironport.cbr1.mail-filtering.com.au/.
What is IronPort?
Cisco IronPort email security defends your email against spam, viruses, phishing, and a wide variety of other threats. In use at more than 40 percent of the world’s largest enterprises, these systems have a demonstrated record of unparalleled performance, accuracy and reliability.
How can I see what has been blocked by IronPort?
1. You can login to the IronPort Management Portal and view a list of all the emails that have been blocked by the IronPort filtering.
2. You may search for keywords or an email address using the simple search:
3. If you need a more detailed search, click on the Advanced Search button. This will allow you to search a date range and more specific criteria.
4. If any blocked emails match the search criteria they will be shown as below:
You may push a blocked message through to your Inbox by checking the box next to the message and clicking the Release button.
How can I whitelist a sending domain or email address?
1. After logging into the IronPort Management Portal you can add a domain or email address to the whitelist so it will not be blocked by selecting Options -> Safelist.
2. Add the domains or email addresses you wish to whitelist to the list.
How can I backlist and block a sending domain or email address?
You can use blocklists to ensure that you never receive mail from specific senders. When the IronPort appliance receives mail from the specified email address or domain that matches an entry in the blocklist, it quarantines or rejects the email.
1. After logging into the IronPort Management Portal you can add a domain or email address to the backlist and manually block items that have not been blocked automatically by IronPort by going to Options -> Blocklist.
2. Add the domains or email addresses you wish to block.